Sunday, October 9, 2011

Just a bit

If you really know me.. you know that I'm an easy going person.. I don't need or want much.  I like to day dream, and I love my kids.  I'm a happy person and happy with myself.. to a certain extent.  Just like everyone else in the world.. there are things that I'd love to change.. or add... or do different.  But that's just normal.  Or so I think..

So when I was a little kid I did have an imagination.  We did play make up games, and come up with different scenarios.  But one thing that I do remember.. one thing that I can not forget.. is wanting to have long beautiful thick hair.  I wanted to be like all the other girls with long braids and high pony tails.  And you see it never could be.  My hair wasn't thick and curly, it was short and fine.  It would barely grow and when it did my parents would cut it.  So there would be days that I would imagine my hair long, and pretend to sway it back and forth.  And then I took it to the next level, yup I did.  I would put nylons on my head.  Yes, nylons.  I wanted the feeling of it draping on my shoulders, I would tie it up in a high pony tail and walk around making it move back and forth.  And when someone would walk in, I'd yank it off like I had nothing on my head.  And then would think of the next time I could have my hair back again.  Like I said.. I had great imagination...

So today.. I was practicing curling Lala's hair.  Yes, Practicing.  Her school pictures are Wednesday.. and she is a 6th grader... So those two combinations means... outfit and hair style needs to picked and ready days in advance... And so I curled her hair tonight.. a practice for Wednesday.  And she loves it... And she is walking around swaying her hair back and forth like if she's Marcia Brady... And yes I'm a bit jealous..... JUST A BIT....





2 comments:

Monica Rodriguez said...

I recommend extensions!

Unknown said...

So walking around with Nylons on my head right now would work? :)