Sunday, March 20, 2011

Netflix saved my meal.

I'm not one to encourage my child to play on the Wii for hours and hours a day. I don't encourage my other 32 kids to play Wii on their free time. I dislike when my conversation that I'm having with someone is not as important than playing on the phone. I don't like seeing DS etc.. being played constantly. But ... sometimes in life you change. Sometimes people change. And I'll be first to admit that I can change too.. especially when it comes from ... my iphone... because it saves our meals.


Long story short.. .. we went out to eat at a restaurant.   And remember last time we went out to eat... DISASTER ZONE!! Food and FOOD and FOOD EVERYWHERE! 
Well we wanted to have a great meal without leaving it on the floor.  And we wanted to have a yummy meal without it getting cold before we were able to take a bite.  And we wanted to sit and talk and sit and eat and feed them and feed us and have a regular dinner.
 
AND You know, you know when you go somewhere to eat it takes a while to get to the table and we start with appetizers and drinks.   So by the time the meal comes the kids are tired, hungry from not eating or full from the appetizers and just plain restless... SO by the time the meal comes... All HELL BRAKES LOSE.

Well... it didn't... because of technology and netflix... our meal was saved.

YES... OH YES I WAS THE MOM WHO HAD HER IPHONE OUT AND PUT ON NETFLIX SO THAT THE KIDS COULD WATCH DIEGO AND DORA.

AND YES.. I'LL BE THAT MOM WHO WILL NEXT TIME WHEN THEY'RE RESTLESS AND DONE WITH THEIR MEALS BRING THE IPHONE OUT AGAIN (but this time with headphones in my purse so that they can hear it better).

AND  I don't care if I get the dirty looks from parents saying how dare you bring out the phone for your kids and not spend quality time with them.. (Cause really I do already spend quality time and I want to make sure we ALL have a warm meal.... ) I won't feel guilty.. I won't I won't I won't.

Because Netflix and Iphone... saved my meal.


No comments: