Saturday, January 22, 2011

To sweep or not to sweep...

Have you ever wondered why the heck your arms are not as buff as Popeye.. or Hulk Hogan (ok I aged myself.. whatever)?  I am so wondering why the heck they are flabby... I know I don't eat right, and I'm starting to exercise more... but heck... all this sweeping I'm doing on a daily basis I should at least have some man muscles...


 Sweeping in our house is like... a routine.. a daily, hour, minute, second routine.  I think I sweep more times a day then I change diapers... and I do change a lot..  but nope the arms are still flabby.  We even have rugs inside and outside our house so we can collect dirt... so that we don't have to sweep all the time.. but its not working.  And the broom.. the broom has a home.. remember there's a place for everything and everything has a place... well that poor broom hardly spends time in its designated spot.. So I am changing its location. From laundry room hook to the side of any wall at that moment.  (right now its leaning against the water cooler.)

So when I do sweep.  I sweep it into a pile. and i leave it there. yup it stays in a pile.. Why do I do that..? well I would love to say that I always plan to just leave random piles around so that by the end of the day I have just one huge pile to collect..but I don't plan... I'm just as random as the pile. I get side tracked and start doing something else and so I leave the pile there and then someone (the hubby) sees it and sweeps it up.





And I'm not picky.. I'm realistic.. I know my house wont be perfect.. I know that there will be things everyone...(check out the slipper just hanging out there and the random car that has been placed by the fridge for a while but we have yet to pick it up).  So I know that nothing is perfect and I don't want man arms.. really  I don't.. but this sweeping.. I would like to have stopped at all hours/minutes of the day... but looks like with all the kids that come in and out of the house... aint gonna work... Guess I just better add some weights to that broom.. So I can count on it as an exercise!





And I leave you with a pic... of my little ones.. Gripping on to that swing for his dear life... Cause he really didn't like it.. not like Ama.. I blame the scary tree in the background.. thats why he doesn't like the swing... 
Although I do love that tree...



No comments: